"Marketing creates only 39.4% of the content salespeople need for their selling efforts." - Tamara Schenk, CSO Insights
Is it a bad sign that marketing is creating just 39.4% of content that salespeople need? Should marketing be responsible for the remaining 60.6%, or should sales enablement or salespeople themselves be responsible for it? Marketing isn't in the trenches of sales deals; they aren't soaking up crucial details that will help determine what content salespeople need. Salespeople are the ones soaking up these details, but they don't have time to create content. This is why it falls on sales enablement - it is sales enablement's job to, clearly, enable their salespeople.
Everyone knows creating quality content that resonates with your audience is a timely process. And at the end of the day, who knows better what they need than the prospects themselves? Sales enablement teams can equip their salespeople with tools that help the salespeople equip their prospects to learn on their own. A sort of "choose your own journey" approach. At Consensus, our sales enablement is setting up our salespeople with automated, personalized demo videos. Because prospects are choosing their own content, it takes the guesswork out of content for sales. Prospects will know what they need throughout different phases in the buying journey, and will have access to it right away.
How are we doing this? Check out our own personalized, automated demo video by clicking here.