This How-To Consensus blog is part of the Sales Development Use Case
By Brian Zurcher and Taylor Jeffery, @goconsensus
Why You Need Personalized Demo Videos in Your Inbound Strategy:
Think of the inbound leads you are generating right now on your website and other digital properties. I’m guessing these include valuable pieces of content in exchange for the prospect’s contact information. Maybe for you this is a whitepaper download, webinar, newsletter, request a demo call-to-action, or free trial offer. But how effective are these? Marketing Sherpa showed us that the average inbound conversion rate in the B2B industry is at 3.82%. For all of the effort you put in to creating and promoting amazing inbound content, 3.82% is staggeringly low...
When modern buyers demand instantly personalized information we lose their attention by asking them to dig through our site to find what they are looking for. A good sales or marketing strategy should find out what your prospect wants, give it to them, and deliver what you want along the way. The CONSENSUS platform dynamically personalizes a mix of your best video content and documents based on your prospect’s persona.
Typical outreach to a new lead:
Rep: Hi! My name is Bob from Cool Widgets. I saw you had a chance download our white paper on how cool our widgets are. What did you think?
Prospect: Aaa- well I download a lot of things. I don’t really remember. Maybe I’ll try to look at it over the weekend and you can call me Monday or something.
Rep: ………..Ok, I’ll try you then! Thanks
Typical outreach to a new lead generated through CONSENSUS:
Rep: Hi! My name is Bob from Cool Widgets. I saw you had a chance view our automated demo video for 5 minutes or so, and even re-watched the section on our super widget a few times. What did you think?
Prospect: Yes, I did just finish up watching that. I thought it was great! I have a few questions on X, Y, and Z as well as on the cost structure.
Rep: Great! Here’s a quick answer to X,Y and Z for you. We’d love to discuss these questions in more depth and go over cost with you. Are you open today at 3 pm eastern?
Prospect: Sure- that would work.
Rep: Between now and then, who else should we get this demo video out to at ABC Corp so they don’t feel left out?
......Do you see the difference in quality of conversation? The demo allows us to quickly educate prospects in a personalized way - which usually sparks immediate questions from them. We gain more insight on what they care about, and who else will be involved in the conversation.
How to Use Demo Videos in Inbound:
- Step by Step Setup Process
- Log into GoConsensus.com/app→ Manage Demos→ Publish→ Copy the HTML Code to embed on your site.
- Log into GoConsensus.com/app→ Settings → Web to lead integration
- Add Salesforce Web-to-lead URL
- Mapp fields appropriately
- Instructions for rep:
- Make inbound a priority! As a general rule, follow up with a call within 5 minutes of receiving the Consensus email notification. If you receive it right away, here’s how to make the best approach:
- Upon receiving viewed notification:
- Click “See details”. See where they are at in the demo and refresh periodically:
- Lookup in CRM: Find them in SFDC or your CRM system. Is someone working with this lead? Have they met with your company before? Do you have any info on them or their company?
- If they are brand new to your CRM: Lookup their LinkedIn Profile, find their company website, and do a quick google search on their company. (2-3 min total research time)
- If you don’t have a good number, get one.
- If they answer:
- “Hi this is ___ from ___. Thanks for viewing the automated demo on our website! What do you think so far? (now be quiet and let them sell talk)
- Give a few high level answers to questions and spin into a longer scheduled conversation with you or a sales rep depending on your internal sales process.
- Tell them you’ll send over a unique link to the demo, and commit them to share it with others in the meantime.
- If they don’t answer:
- Leave a voicemail
- Send a SHORT email:
- Thank for viewing the demo
- Include unique link to the demo
- Ask for a time to talk
- Connect on Linkedin
- Add to a follow-up cadence. Continue to call everyday, email every other day, and intermittently try via linkedin until you get in contact with them. (Target is 10 more attempt days)
- Benefit- These leads are:
- Looking for a solution like yours
- At their desk thinking about your product when you call
- Twice as likely to close
- Close in half the time
- Results in twice as large of an annual contract value when they do close
Start delivering meaningful, personalized content to your prospects - and help them share that internally with the rest of their team!